IS McCAIN DELUSIONAL?
Just read this comment on this Newsweek message boards. I can't think of a better way to describe McCain's inconceivable plan to inject more troops into Iraq just so he can justify his conservative, hawkish credentials to the Republican base.
"Just last week Senator McCain and I were at the ranch in Crawford helping the President put up fence. President Bush, for some reason, insisted on driving in the nails with a fish he'd just pulled out of his favorite fishing hole. We watched him pounding away with that fish for an hour or two when Senator McCain slapped his head and said, "I've got it." Before I could ask him what he'd got he was hightailing it down the path. After about an hour of listening to the President preaching to me about the consequences of not getting the fence up I looked up to see Senator McCain walking up the path from the fishing hole with a big smile on his face and a whole stringer of fat trout. Now I don't know whether they got the fence up or not because I had to go into town to get a haircut but, the last I looked, everybody seemed happy baning away. Except, of course, the fish."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home