MY FIRST HALF-MARATHON

Getting up at 5am was brutal. The ride on the shuttle bus to Hyde Park was frustrating given that we were stuck with a lousy-ass driver who was content to sit in traffic on the slower lane rather than veer to the left lane in order to overtake the vehicles ahead of us. As I had expected, the first 2 miles totally sucked. My body did not warm up until mile 3.5. From miles 5-9, I was in the zone. Legs started to give way a little bit at mile 11. Once I past mile 12, it seemed like I was running for an eternity without even getting a glimpse of the marker for mile 13. That was because there was no marker for mile 13. Out of nowhere, I had a glimpse of nirvana. I got my second wind, took longer strides, forced a smile onto my sweaty face in order to look good for the cameras and took off. Before I knew it, I had hit the finish line. 1 hour, 57 mins and 9 secs. Just inside my goal of under 2 hours.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home