The sagacious rants of Chun Piow

Sunday, July 16, 2006

IGNORANT AMERICAN JOURNALISTS

I'm pretty sick of reading crap from ignorant American journalists beating up on Zidane for his act of transgression.

Most recent article comes from Newsweek's Mark Starr who apparently thinks that Zidane would not be able to survive playing American sports because he could not take "yo mama" jokes.

At this point, it is still unclear what Materazzi actually said to ZZ. Although I was sort of rooting for Italy in the final, my money is on the Italian dishing out an insult of some sort about ZZ's family. However, Americans somehow find it proud that they can go around dissing their opponent's mothers in the spirit of winding up the opponent, whatever the sport may be. If this is not a testament to the lack of family values in the country, what is?

It's not a matter of whether one is able to control himself during the game to not physically lash out at a player of the opposing team when the former receives an insult pertaining to his mother. It's about the person having the audacity and the nerve, not to mention the lack of class, to even say such a thing to begin with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on Shawn! I hv something similar on my blog about this one, but I am apparently more vulgar than u r... ;)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home