GO LAMONT!
This has been an extremely satisfying week for me. Key reason? Joe "Lame Ass" Lieberman got his ass handed to him by an unknown individual who successfully pounced on Lieberman's pathetic record on Iraq to win the Democratic primary.
Lieberman 's concession speech was yet another reflection of how lame his candidacy is. If he has not done so already, he might want to consider firing his speech writer. Check out the following excerpt from his concession speech.
"...let me tell you where I see where we are now. I am a sports fan, so I am going to use a sports comparison. As I see it, in this campaign we just finished the first half and the Lamont team is ahead. In the second half our team - Team Connecticut - is going to surge forward to victory."
I mean, come on, are you kidding me? Is this the best he can do?
I am, however, surprised by the media pointing out that Lieberman only lost by 4 points when the plaundits, most notably the polling guys at Rasmussen, were predicting a double digit defeat just over 2 weeks ago. Why hasn't anyone pointed out that that same poll showed Lieberman to be ahead by about 30 points at one stage? Hell, if anything, Lamont deserves the accolades for overcoming a 30-pt deficit to beat one of the best known Democrats in the country.
Contrary to Lieberman's claims, Lamont's victory has nothing to do with partisanship overcoming pragmatism. Lieberman has been a constant cheerleader for the crap that has come out of the White House, i.e. the war in Iraq is going well. Someone should tell him that many Republicans don't even believe that shit anymore, let alone Democrats. Thus, is it then, any surprise that Connecicut Democrats chose NOT to go with the man who spourts all the bullshit about the situation in Iraq?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home